Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Dear Buckaroo Community,
Due to a significant amount of Covid cases/quarantines for students and staff, the Smackover Norphlet School District will move to AMI (Alternative Method of Instruction) beginning Wednesday, January 12, through Friday, January 14. The district will observe Martin Luther King Holiday on Monday, January 17 (No AMI packet to complete for this day).
- Complete AMI paperwork that was sent home at the beginning of the year.(Wednesday, Day 1; Thursday, Day 2; Friday, Day 3) If your student doesn’t have access to their AMI work, you may access it from the Smackover.net website and or the buckaroo blog or follow this link to access them.
- Any student who is currently quarantined will move to AMI packets Wednesday through Friday.
- High school students may pick up packets in the office or in front of the administration building after school today.
South Ark Students (SHS)
- Students are encouraged to attend class in person (must drive themself) or may participate virtually.
- South Ark is working with our students to accommodate for virtual learning. Students will not be penalized for not being on campus. If a student cannot attend in person, you will need to check Blackboard and/or your email to stay up to date with your classes. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jr. & Sr. Girls Basketball game will be played this evening. All other games, practices, and use of athletic facilities during AMI days starting Wednesday through Monday. We will make our best efforts to reschedule all games/events that have been scheduled during this time period.
- The cafeterias will be closed Wednesday through Friday.
We appreciate your flexibility during these times. Our hope is that this adjustment will allow for the majority of our students and staff to return to school on January 18. If you have any questions, please email your student’s teacher, and they will respond through email. Please check the blog/website for district updates.
Thank you for your continued support!