Let me start by saying that in these unique times the Smackover-Norphlet School District staff will be here to help in any way possible. Our teachers, staff, and administrators have been working hard to provide a sense of structure, routine, and normalcy in a very unprecedented time.
- Instructional plans will be posted on The Buckaroo Blog and the district website on April 1, 2020.
- Support videos for parents and students will be posted on April 2, 2020.
- Hard copies of instructional plans may be picked up on Friday, April 3 between 11 am – 12:30 pm at the appropriate campuses.
- The instructional plans moving forward are for instructional support. No nine weeks grades will be reduced due to a student’s inability to complete an assignment.
- As a district, we are also aware that families have many concerns during this time, and we do not want our instructional plans to be an added stressor.
As all of us are going through this challenge together, I am encouraged that in times of adversity, people always come together in a way that encourages us all to be better neighbors, family members, friends, and citizens in general.
I hope you and your family are well. I hope you are able to take advantage of the hard work our teachers and administrative teams have put into this plan for our students and hope you find this to provide a sense of structure and support during this time.
Once again, we are in this together, and our hope is that you and your family will approach this in a way that best fits your needs.
- To our students: Stay positive, stay strong, be a leader, get outside and enjoy the spring weather, help your folks around the house, help a neighbor, and encourage family and friends to follow guidance from state and federal officials.
- To our class of 2020: Our SHS administrative team will be contacting each of you this week to ensure you have everything needed to graduate!
Know that we will be visiting with senior students during this time in regards to senior activities, and we’ll work as a team with our students to make this a great senior year no matter what!
I pray for all of you and your well being!
God Bless and Go Bucks!