In light of the Governor closing all schools for the remainder of the school year, the scheduled date for Smackover High School graduation has been postponed.
As an alternative, but not taking the place of a traditional graduation,
- We will turn on the lights and scoreboard at the Buckaroo football field at 8:00 pm until midnight on May 11, 2020 (the original date of graduation) in order to celebrate our seniors and come together as a community. Feel free to drive through, but stay in your vehicle.
- Graduation poster pictures of each senior will also be placed around the campus to showcase on May 11 as well. The poster will be given to seniors at a later time.
- We also ask that the Smackover community join in and show support for the Class of 2020 on May 11th by displaying messages of support in their business windows downtown.
- A senior video will be created giving all seniors an opportunity to be seen in their cap and gown, share their plans for next year, and thank their loved ones.
During such difficult times, we hope this will bring our seniors a sense of hope and show support and appreciation for the Class of 2020.
A meeting was also held consisting of seniors, teachers, counselor and assistant principal to discuss a tentative date for graduation.
- After much discussion, it was decided that Smackover High School tentative date for graduation is July 3, 2020 at 8:00 pm on the Buckaroo football field.
- The awards and scholarship program will also be earlier that day on July 3rd at 2:00 pm in the Smackover High School Hobgood Auditorium.
- In the event we are under the current social distancing directive from the Arkansas Department of Health and DESE on July 3, 2020, other decisions will be made at that time regarding an alternative graduation option with the well-being of our students, parents, teachers and community members in mind.